About this policy
EASY CARE TECHNOLOGY PTY LTD (ABN: 95 645 029 992) (“we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to
protecting the personal information (including your health information) that we collect from you. We have
implemented measures to comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”), the
Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act, the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002
(NSW) (“HRIP Act”), and the Health Privacy Principles set out in the HRIP Act.
and online applications (“Site”) whether accessed directly or through an application that is made available
Why does Easy Care collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information primarily to enable us to provide our services to you. Your granting of
any consent and your provision of any personal information is entirely voluntary, however your personal
information is required for many services we provide on our Sites. We may also use this information to
What personal information does Easy Care collect?
The types of information we collect include:
- date of birth;
- ethnic origin and native language spoken;
- email, phone number and residential address;
- health & fitness information;
- care activities information;
- location data;
- emergency contact details; and
- data collected for statistical and maintenance purposes, to enable us to evaluate the performance
of our sites. This may include the number of users visiting a Site, the time and duration of visits,
and the path taken through the Site.
It should be noted that we do not collect any personal information we do not need.
How does Easy Care collect and store your personal information?
Your personal information will usually be collected by us when you:
1. complete our registration form or otherwise request services from us;
2. monitor your health using health monitoring devices connected to our Sites;
3. access our Concierge services;
4. request information from us or otherwise contact us;
5. provide feedback on our services; and
6. engage with us via social media.
In relation to the use of our Site, we may collect personal information through the use of:
industry standard used by most major websites. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your internet browser, which may then store the cookie on your PC or computer system.
serve you when you return to our Site. You can disable the collection of cookies on your internet
2. third party tracking and tag manager software. This may result in the collection of the following
types of information:
a. general Site usage, including button clicks, page views, and general location of users;
b. interests of users; and
c. crashes and exception reporting for system monitoring.
1. we may implement and use display advertising;
2. we may use re-marketing with Google Analytics and/or Bing Ads to advertise online; and
3. third-party vendors, including Google Analytics and Bing Ads, may show our ads on sites across
Users can opt-out by utilising Google’s Opt-Out Browser Add On (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/)
and/or Ads Preferences Manager (https://www.google.com/settings/ads/).
All personal information collected are stored on a secure cloud-based server in Australia.
What if you don’t provide Easy Care with the personal information we require?
If you cannot or will not provide us with the personal information we reasonably require, we may be unable
to provide the services you wish to receive or use.
How does Easy Care use your information?
We use your personal information to:
1. identify you and assist you in your use of our services;
2. provide you with the services you require;
3. determine which services best suit your needs, and allow us to personalise information provided to
4. promote and market our current and future products that we consider may be of interest to you.
You can unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time if you no longer wish to receive
5. conduct customer research (including but not limited to client feedback) to develop our current and
6. monitor use of the Site;
7. gather and analyse Site statistics; and
8. perform maintenance of the Site.
Easy Care will only use your personal information for direct marketing purposes as authorised by the Privacy
Act. That includes where we collect information from you, and you would reasonably expect the information
to be used for direct marketing. In all other circumstances we would only use your personal information with
your consent or where it is impracticable to obtain that consent. In all direct marketing correspondence sent
to you we will give you the opportunity to “opt-out” of receiving any further marketing correspondence.
Will your personal information be given to anyone else?
We may disclose your personal information to our contractors and service providers for any purpose in
connection with our services, and sometimes for direct marketing purposes (unless you opt out). We may
also disclose information about you to a third party located outside Australia where it relates to the purpose
for which that information was collected, is required to maintain our records and website, or for the
administration of any of our processes and processing of payment.
Other than for these purposes, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party unless:
1. you authorise us to do so;
2. the disclosure is in connection with the purposes for which we collected your personal information;
3. your safety or the safety of others in the community is at risk; or
4. we are required or permitted by law.
We are committed to retaining your personal information in Australia, managed by a secure cloud based
Is your personal information secure?
We take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information we hold is protected from risks such as
loss, unauthorised access or use, destruction, modification or disclosure. We only permit our authorised
personnel to access your personal information.
The Internet is not a secure environment.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the information you send us is, to the extent reasonably possible, secure
and protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access or use, destruction, modification or disclosure.
Our Site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those other
websites. We make no warranty as to the accuracy or content of those linked sites, or that such links will
remain current or be maintained.
We want to ensure that you make payments with complete confidence online. When making payments
through our Site, your financial details, including credit card number, are passed through a secure server
using the latest Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) encryption technology. HTTPS is the industry-
standard and helps protect your personal details online.
Rights of access and correction
You have a right to access and correct your personal information that we have collected. You may request
access to your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. You
must give us your name and address, identify the personal information (including health information) that
you request access to, and specify the form in which you wish to access that information. We may charge
you a reasonable fee for the retrieval of your personal information, to cover our administrative costs.
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. We will take reasonable steps to ensure your
personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. If you believe that any personal information we
hold about you is not accurate, complete, or up-to-date, it is important that you contact our Privacy Officer
at email@example.com as soon as possible. A request to correct your personal information must
be in writing, state your name and address, identify the personal information concerned and the respect in
which that information is incorrect or irrelevant, and attach necessary information to complete or update that
Need more information or want to make a complaint?
handled your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer. We will investigate your complaint
and work with you to ensure your complaint is properly resolved. If you believe your complaint has not been
properly resolved, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner or, for complaints
regarding how we have handled your health information only, the NSW Privacy Commissioner.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter: The Privacy Officer, Easycare Technology Pty Ltd, 78 Waterloo Road, Macquarie Park NSW